eMedia is our way of providing you 24/7 access to ebooks and audiobooks. Download titles wherever and whenever you want!
To use our eMedia service you'll need:
Here are some great facts about our eMedia service:
- You can check out a maximum of 10 ebooks and audiobooks and you get to choose the lending period for each title: 7 or 14 days
- Ebooks and MP3 audiobooks can be returned early but WMA audiobooks cannot be returned early. However, titles are automatically checked in when the lending period expires
- Titles cannot be renewed but you can check them out again after the lending period expires if they have no holds
- If you place a hold on a title, you will be emailed when it is ready for checkout. You have 48 hours from the time the hold notification email is sent to check out the title before your hold is cancelled
- There are no late fees
- The easiest way to read an ebook on your computer or mobile device is to read the title in your browser. Look for "OverDrive READ" in the "Available formats" section for titles that can be read in the browser
- eMedia Assistance is available to help you with any questions
- IMPORTANT! If you replace your library card, your new card number will not automatically be updated on your OverDrive account. To update your information with OverDrive, fill out the eMedia Help Form
- Titles are available 24/7 wherever you have Internet access
- You can read or listen to books offline
- Titles are easy to download and transfer to a device
- Instant access to new titles without having to visit a physical library location
- Titles automatically check in after their due date so there are no late fee
- Environmentally friendly
Curious about what devices are supported by our eMedia service? You're in luck! Our vendor, OverDrive has an online listing of the supported devices in their Device Resource Center
Not sure which device to buy? Here are a few resources that may help:
- Archive.org - Contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books.
- Baen Library - Hundreds of free Science Fiction and Fantasy eBooks.
- Barnes & Noble Free eBooks - Hundreds of free eBooks that can be used on your BN Nook, NookColor or on iPad, iPhone, Android, and PC.
- BookFriend.me - Website allows Nook owners to connect with each other and share books using the LendMe feature.
- BookLending - Website that matches lenders and borrowers of Kindle ebooks. Please note, each Kindle book you own can only be loaned once.
- eBookFling - Swap eBooks with thousands of readers nationwide.
- Free eBooks - Internet’s #1 online source for free eBook downloads, eBook resources and eBook authors.
- Free Kindle eBooks - Navigate to 'Special Features/Free E-Book collections' to download free classics and out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books, as well as limited-time free promotional e-books available for soley for the Kindle.
- Get Free eBooks - Free eBooks site where you can download free books totally free. They also have a large selection of free trade magazines.
- Google Books - Nearly 3 million free eBooks and hundreds of thousands of titles for purchase. Enjoy Google eBooks on the Web, with Android phones, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and supported eReaders.
- Kobo Books - 299 titles in multiple formats.
- LendLink - A free service that allows you to connect with other book lovers, loan your lendable eBooks in seconds and find new books to borrow
- Many Books - More than 29,000 eBooks available for free.
- Project Gutenberg - Download over 33,000 free eBooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device.
- SmashWords - eBooks from Indie authors and publishers
- University of Pennsylvania eBook Collection - Lists over 900,000 free books on the Web