Here's a fun activity to create snake bubbles using every day household items.
Empty water bottle
Optional: Food Coloring
Cut bottom of water bottle off.
Slide the sock over bottom of the bottle.
Pour dish soap in bowl and add water. Gently mix.
Dip the sock covered bottle in soap-water solution.
Optional: Add color to your bubble snakes with food coloring. After dipping the sock covered bottle in the dish soap-water solution, drip food coloring on the sock covered end and BLOW!
*Please remember to blow air out, and not suck in! Do not inhale the bubbles!
Want more bubbles activities? Try making SOAP FOAM!
Supplies: Blender, large bowl or container, dish soap, water, food coloring (optional)
- Add ¼ cup of dish soap and ½ cup of water in blender. If desired, add in a few drops of food coloring.
- Blend until bubble solution turns to foam.
- Pour into large container and have fun!
- Science Experiments that fizz and bubble: fun projects for curious kids by Jodi Wheeler-Toppen
- How to Make Bubbles by Erika L. Shores
- Super Simple Things to do with Bubbles: Fun and Easy Science for Kids by Kelly Doudna
Created by Chelsee, Children's Librarian at Downtown