About Midwest City Library
The Midwest City Library first opened its doors in 1955 at 3210 Belaire, formerly part of the clubhouse of the Municipal Golf Course Center. In 1964, the same year Oklahoma County voters approved a 1.9 mill ad valorem tax to establish a city-county library system, the Midwest City Library moved to expanded quarters in another part of the old golf course clubhouse. In 1965, the Midwest City Library joined the Metropolitan Library System. In the 1980s, a bond issue was passed and the current 36,000 square foot facility was built and opened on September 14, 1987. On permanent display in the lobby is a triptych, commissioned by the City of Midwest City, called "Summer Skies" by Oklahoma artist Wilson Hurley.
Book drop location: Drive-thru return on the south side of building.
Located in the library: Literacy Link Office, offering adult literacy classes to the people of eastern Oklahoma County. (Phone: 405-732-2737)