All MLS libraries provide free access to computers. The computers are equipped with internet access, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), and access to printers. You can use a computer for up to one hour, and if no one is waiting to use a computer, you can continue to use it in increments of 30 minutes.
Reserve a computer
- To reserve a computer, enter your library account number and name on the sign-up computer or sign in directly on a computer if one is currently available.
- If you make a reservation at the sign-up computer, it will print out a receipt that lists the reserved computer number and your reservation time.
- At your designated computer, you will need to sign in with your library account number.
There are specially designated computers in the children's area that are ideal for children up to the 4th grade. These computers do not have access to the internet. Instead they have educational games and Britannica Library that help children learn skills such as reading, math, vocabulary, computer use and keyboarding.
Each iPad comes preloaded with basic apps, games, educational programs for children and more. You can surf the web, check email, use social media, play games, and enjoy digital magazines, eBooks, audiobooks, and digital newspapers from the library. iPads can be used by cardholders of all ages.
- Locate the MediaSurfer station
- Scan your library card
- Remove your iPad from the kiosk
- Surf and play for two hours*
- Return the iPad to the kiosk at designated time
*A late fee of $5 per hour will be charged if not returned on time (maximum of $60 per day).
Wi-Fi hotspots can be checked out at the Warr Acres Library or the Choctaw Library. Hotspots check out for four weeks and overdue fines are $0.50 per day to a maximum of $30. Wi-Fi hotspots are also available at some locations as part of our Grow with Google program. As part of our Grow with Google partnerships, some of our technology classes allow participants to check out a Chromebook laptop and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Chromebooks are available at specific locations as part of our Grow with Google program. As part of our Grow with Google partnerships, some of our technology classes allow participants to check out a Chromebook laptop and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Printing, Copying, Scanning & Faxing
All libraries have printers that allow you to print on-site using our computers or remotely using your device. You can print in black and white for $0.10 per page or in color for $0.50 per page. You can pay with cash or a credit/debit card.
Copy, Scan, and Fax
All libraries have photocopiers that can scan documents and send faxes to domestic numbers. Documents can be scanned to email or to a flash drive. Incoming faxes cannot be received, and faxing to international numbers is not supported. Scanning and faxing services are free. Photocopying costs $0.10 per page for black and white and $0.50 per page for color.
You can print to a library printer using your personal desktop, laptop, or mobile device by uploading your print job through our mobile and offsite printing website.
The cost is $0.10 per page for black and white and $0.50 per page for color. You can pay at the library with cash or a credit/debit card.
To retrieve your job, visit your library and enter your information at the print release terminal.
Select the library below at which you will pick up your print job (if prompted, click the PrinterOn Website... link beneath the "Mobile and offsite printing" bullet point:
Print photos and webpages easily with the PrinterOn app. View PrinterOn's webpage for a list of compatible devices.
- Visit your mobile device's app store.
- Search for PrinterOn and install the free PrinterOn app.
- Open the app and configure your printer settings by clicking on the No Printer Selected button.
- Use the location or search feature to find your library.
- Once you've located your library, tap on the location icon which will redirect you to the library's PrinterOn page. To save this location for future use, tap the Save button. Then, use the Back button until you are at the app's homepage.
- Tap the No Printer Selected button to see a list of your newly saved locations. Tap your library and you will be redirected to the app's homepage.
- Tap on Photos to send photos or tap Web to print webpages and files.
- Once you're ready to print, click the Printer icon.
- Update any page settings and select the number of pages to print.
- Tap the Print button.
- Enter your email address and finalize your print job.
- View your Print History to view details about your print job and receive release codes.
To retrieve your job, visit the print release terminal at your library and enter your email address.-->
Technology help is available in-person, remotely, and online. You can obtain technology help in-person by asking a staff member, by attending one of our free technology classes or by scheduling a one-on-one session with staff at select locations.
You can use our subscription to LearningExpress Library to learn computer and internet basics and to learn more about Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), your Windows operating system, and computer graphics and illustration using Adobe software. Our subscription to Lynda.com contains thousands of self-paced courses, taught by industry experts, that you can use to learn about hardware and software on your Apple, Windows, or Android devices, web design, CAD, video, music and image editing, computer programming, and more.