About Ralph Ellison Library
The Ralph Ellison Library opened in its current location in 1975. Named in honor of Oklahoma City native and acclaimed author Ralph Ellison, this library is in one of Oklahoma City’s historically African-American neighborhoods yet serves a diverse group of residents. Customers rely on the library to find basic information about voting, taxes, tutoring, government assistance, and a variety of other fundamental needs. In addition, the library serves a dynamic population of motivated customers ranging from school-age children to young adults and elders in the community. The Library serves as an essential hub for services, research, programs and events linking members of the larger community to one another.
Book drop location: To the right of entrance.
- Public use computers with 60-minute internet access and printing capabilities
- Mobile and offsite printing
- Free Wi-Fi
- MediaSurfers - Check out an iPad (in-library use only) to surf the web, use library services, read magazines and books, check email, use social media, play games and more!
- Color copy machine with free outbound faxing (to U.S. numbers only) and scanning capability
- Self-serve holds shelf and a self-check machine
- Catalog computers dedicated to accessing the library's collection
- Library staff who can provide assistance locating information, using print and electronic sources, and provide readers' advisory
- Place and pick up interlibrary loan requests
- Tours and instruction in the use of library resources (by appointment)
- Meeting rooms - Cost (reservations required)
- Black History Collection
2000 NE 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, OK
Phone: (405) 424-1437
Curbside Hour & Public Computer Hours
Monday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
This event is an online event offered through video and web conferencing software. If you register for this program, you will be emailed the link to connect digitally. Please note, you may need to install an app or computer application to attend this program. If you have any issues connecting, please reach out to email@example.com.