CURRENT Service STAGE: Curbside Plus
Please check the top of this page for notices impacting services offered and hours of operation.
- Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: 1-5pm
*Curbside delivery for Harrah, Jones, Luther, Nicoma Park, and Wright will operate within their regular hours of operation.
After 6pm Monday - Thursday, customers can request to have their ready holds brought to the front door for walk-up service.
Inclement Weather Guaranteed Hours
Beginning on Thursday, February 11th, 2021. Hours are subject to change, please watch social media and our website notices for changes to services and hours of operation.
- Monday-Friday: 12-6pm
- Saturday: 12-4pm
- Sunday: 1-5pm
Before noon and after 6pm Monday - Thursday, customers can request to have their ready holds brought to the front door for walk-up service.
Metro Checkout App
- Download the Metro Checkout app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Enter your library card number and PIN code. Your last name is your PIN code.
- Add other library card numbers for members of your family by tapping the person icon Account at the bottom of your screen.
- After logging in, press Start and you’re all set!
- Feel free to explore the app before you arrive at the library to pick up your materials!
Picking Up Materials
- When you arrive at the library open the Metro Checkout app and press the Pickup button at the bottom of the screen.
- The welcome screen will display. Tap Let’s Get Started.
- Verify your contact info.
- Enter which spot you’re parked in and a description of your vehicle. (You can also enter additional card numbers to pick up for in this box.) If you’ve registered for a bonus bag or take-home kit, you can enter that info on the next screen.
- Prepare to have a Metro Library staff member place materials in your back seat or trunk.
- When your materials are delivered, there’s no need to tap My Items Are Here as staff have already checked them out to your account and will close the transaction.
Drive Up & Call
When your holds are ready, arrive at your library, call us, press 3, and we will bring the materials to your car.
If you’ve registered for a bonus bag or take-home kit, please let us know and we can deliver to your car.
Holds will be placed in the your trunk, truck bed, or SUV cargo hold.
Bonus Bags & Take-Home Kits
Want children's materials? You can call ahead to request an additional "Bonus Bag" to be included in your checkout. Let our staff know what theme you want - in one word - and we'll package five specially chosen books or DVDs that your kids will love. Just let us know the theme, if you want books or DVDs (or a mix of both) and the age group - preschool, read to me books, board books, JFiction. We'll handle the rest.
Want to create a library experience at home? You can register for a take-home kit. Kits come in a variety of topics and crafted for specific age ranges. Please note that kits are subject to availability and are first come first serve. Registration is required.Register for a Kit
Returns must be made using our exterior book drops until further notice.