CURRENT STAGE: Grab & Go
We are currently in the "Grab & Go" stage. Customers can enjoy curbside delivery of their ready holds. In-library technology will still be available as public computers can be reserved for one 1 hour session per day. Scanning, copying, printing, and faxing services are also available. Customers can connect to our free Wi-Fi from outside the building. In our Grab & Go stage, customers can again enter the library, but they are encouraged to make their in-person visit as brief as possible.
We are following the City of Oklahoma City mask ordinance and CDC mask recommendations in all Metropolitan Library System libraries. Everyone age 11 and up is required to wear a face covering (covering both the nose and the mouth), like a mask or face shield, in library facilities. There are some exceptions:
- Children age 10 and under
- People with a developmental disability
- People who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and people who are communicating with someone who is deaf or hard-of-hearing
- People who are unable to remove the mask without assistance
Customers who do not follow the mask mandate will be served by curbside service.
Stay informed of any changes to service or hours of operation by watching our website and following us on social media.
GRAB & GO HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Thursday: 9-8pm
- Friday: 9-6pm
- Saturday: 9-4pm
- Sunday: 1-5pm
*The hours for Harrah, Jones, Luther, Nicoma Park, and Wright vary from the hours listed above.
**Phone and digital support is available: M-Th: 9-9pm; Fr: 9-6pm; Sat: 9-5pm; Sun: 1-6pm
GRAB & GO CURBSIDE HOURS
- Monday-Friday: 1-6pm
- Saturday: 1-4pm
- Sunday: 1-5pm
Curbside delivery for Harrah, Jones, Luther, Nicoma Park, and Wright will operate within their regular hours of operation.
Metro Checkout App
- Download the Metro Checkout app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Enter your library card number and PIN code. Your last name is your PIN code.
- Add other library card numbers for members of your family by tapping the person icon Account at the bottom of your screen.
- After logging in, press Start and you’re all set!
- You can use the app for self-checkout of books when you're in the library or to check in from the curbside to pick up your materials!
Picking Up MaterialsYou can pick up your holds at the curbside using the Metro Checkout app or by calling from the curbside during curbside hours.
- When you arrive at the library, open the Metro Checkout app and press the Pickup button at the bottom of the screen.
- The welcome screen will display. Tap Let’s Get Started.
- Verify your contact info.
- Enter which spot you’re parked in and a description of your vehicle. (You can also enter additional card numbers to pick up for in this box.) If you’ve registered for a bonus bag or take-home kit, you can enter that info on the next screen.
- Prepare to have a Metro Library staff member place materials in your back seat or trunk.
- When your materials are delivered, there’s no need to tap My Items Are Here as staff have already checked them out to your account and will close the transaction.
Drive Up & Call
When your holds are ready, arrive at your library, call us, press 3, and we will bring the materials to your car.
If you’ve registered for a bonus bag or take-home kit, please let us know and we can deliver to your car.
Holds will be placed in the your trunk, truck bed, or SUV cargo hold.
GRAB & GO IN-LIBRARY SERVICES
Self-Service Copying, Faxing, Printing, and Scanning
- Make copies, send faxes, print documents, or scan documents in the library.
- Faxing and scanning are free.
- Costs to make copies or print: black and white-$0.10/page, color-$0.50/page.
Browsing, Checkout, Holds, and Materials
- You can browse the shelves and retrieve your holds from the hold shelf.
- Use a self-check machine, use the Metro Checkout app, or have staff help you check out.
Limited Public Computers Use
- Computer sessions are 1 hour each with a max of one session/day.
- Computer sessions are reserved in-person only at every library.
- Computers are spaced to support social distancing.
- Children’s computers are not available.
GRAB & GO SAFETY MEASURES
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all customers and staff inside any Metropolitan Library location.
- In addition to wearing masks, staff will wear gloves while handling materials and money.
- All materials must continue to be returned to the library using the outside book returns.
- All returned materials will be held in quarantine for at least 96 hours before they are checked in and customers will be credited for the date on which they returned the materials.
- Frequently touched areas should be cleaned at least 3 times/day. These areas include (but are not limited to) public computers, self-check machines, desks and tables, and copy/scan/fax machines.
- Computers are spaced to support social distancing.
- To encourage customers to "Grab & Go," tables and chairs will not be available for customers to use.
- If a library facility must close for disinfection, we will do so in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Visit our Student Center to locate homework help resources, a list of upcoming programs, fun scavenger hunts, arts/crafts tutorials, and more.
- Looking for fun activities for your family? View our Create at Home video library and use materials easily found at home to create masterpieces. Our staff highlight an easy family craft and provide supplemental reading to continue the learning after the craft is complete.
- Our library mascot is lonely and misses seeing children in our libraries. We invite children of all ages to write Spoticus and become his pen pal.
- Don't know what to read next? Let our reading experts create a personalized reading list just for you.
- Watch our events calendar for updates about upcoming programming.
ACCESS THE LIBRARY FROM HOME
- Digital Titles Available 24/7 - Your library has plenty of digital titles available 24/7 for all ages, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, databases, streaming music, movies, TV shows, and more.
- Book a Librarian - Do you need help navigating an online application? Learning how to video conference? Researching your ancestry? Complete a short survey and a librarian will contact you by email, phone, or video chat.
- Research, Services, and Online Learning - Get access to library services, collections, research and online learning sources wherever you are! Get help from Ask a Librarian, explore online training through Lynda.com, learn a new language, research your family history, and more.
- All children's materials are fine free.
- Access free Wi-Fi from our library parking lots at any time.
- In-person library programs are suspended until further notice, but many programs are available online.
- Library outreach has been suspended until further notice.
- Public meeting room usage has been suspended until further notice.
- In-person volunteer opportunities, including volunteering for the Friends of the Library, have been suspended until further notice.
- In-library reading and studying are not available during the Grab & Go stage.
- Book donations at our libraries and at our sort site have been suspended until further notice. If you would like to be notified when we resume accepting donations, please visit this page.