Vision, Mission and Values
We grow smarter communities, one person at a time.
To be the community’s hub for critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and lifelong enrichment.
- Library Customers First: Every person in the Community is a member of the Library, and we are committed to their success and to providing them the highest quality service.
- Integrity and Trust in Us and by Us: Public confidence can only be achieved when we demonstrate honesty, accountability, and stewardship of the community resources committed to us, including people, time, assets, and funds. In addition, we can only be trusted when we trust our customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Respect for Customers and Each Other: We treat the questions, ideas, and contributions of each of our customers, colleagues, and partners with the highest level of respect.
- Freedom to Learn: We treasure and protect each customer's freedom to read, view, and learn in order to achieve his/her highest potential.
- Commitment to Learning as Enjoyment: We believe that learning can be deepest and most effective when it is enjoyed, and we are dedicated to providing enjoyable opportunities while delivering on the Mission.
- Individual Growth and Organizational Development: We commit to expanding our individual professional knowledge and skills, to benefit the Library and its customers.