About Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library
The four-story Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library is located in the Arts District of downtown Oklahoma City. Library service in downtown OKC first began in 1901 when the Carnegie Library opened at NW 3rd and Robinson Ave. In 1954, the new Main Library was dedicated at Dean A. McGee Ave and Robinson Ave. On December 14, 1993, Oklahoma City voters approved a five-year, one-cent increase in the city's sales tax to fund nine building projects for the downtown area (called MAPS) which including a technologically adaptable Downtown Library/Learning Center. The RJN Downtown Library opened to the public on August 17, 2004. The building is 114,130 square feet and includes classrooms, study rooms, conference rooms, a children’s program room, the Route 66 Computer Lab, 46th Star Auditorium, and Friends Event Room. This state-of-the-art library is a great place for Oklahoma County families.
Book drop locations: Walk-up returns on the west and north sides of the building.