Here's a fun craft to make a home using paint, baking sheet, paper and your imagination.
Baking sheet or any flat, nonporous surface
- Add a thin layer of paint to back of baking sheet.
- Use paintbrush to spread paint.
- Create a design with your fingers. Use a towel to wipe fingers clean.
- Place paper on painted baking sheet and gently rub.
- Lift paper up to see your print!
Experiment with colors! Try mixing two colors to create a new one.
- Cool Painting: The Art of Creativity for Kids by Anders Hanson
- Art Lab for Kids by Susan Schwake
- Painting by Paul Calver
- Cool Printmaking: The Art of PrintMaking for Kids by Anders Hanson
- Art Workshop for Children: How to Foster Original Thinking with more than 25 Process Art Experiences by Barbara Rucci
Created by Chelsee, Children's Librarian at Downtown