Protecting the privacy of users is one of the core principles of librarianship. In addition to this principle, Oklahoma State Statutes, Title 65, Section 1-105; “Disclosure of Records” requires that the records of library users be kept confidential. We believe that your library card is as valuable as a credit card and should be treated with the same care. With that in mind, MLS policy states library cards are not transferable and the person signing the card is agreeing to accept responsibility for fines or other charges resulting from the card’s use. MLS policy was established to help ensure that an adult will agree to be financially responsible for materials borrowed with a library card and to ensure that staff abide by state law to protects customer privacy of library records.
Our catalog uses Google Analytics to collect information in an anonymous form (i.e. no personally identifiable information is included) about how the catalog is used. You can read the privacy statement to learn more about it.
- Accessibility: The library makes every effort to ensure our programs can be enjoyed by all. If you have any concerns about accessibility or need to request specific accommodations, please contact the library.
- Food Allergies: We cannot guarantee that food served at this program has not come into contact with tree nuts, soy, or other allergens. Accordingly, the Library will not be liable for such harm to any individual resulting from such allergens.
- Groups of 10 or More: Groups of 10 or more are requested to call (405) 231-8650.
- Accompanying Adults: This program is designed for children and accompanying adults. Please plan to be in attendance and be engaged with your child for this program
- Injury/Damage: The library is not liable for injuries to people, damage to their property or loss of property belonging to individuals or groups, using the meeting rooms.
- Endorsements: The library does not endorse the views expressed by any group or individual, using its meeting rooms, but does endorse the right of those groups or individuals to express their views so long as they abide by the policies and rules, governing the use of library meeting rooms and confirm to local community standards of decency.
This compilation of links to state laws, rules and regulations impacting operation of the Metropolitan Library System does NOT include all statutes, rules, ordinances, or bylaws that may apply to a specific situation. It is intended as a convenient reference, not as a replacement for the official versions of the Oklahoma Constitution and Statutes, or the Oklahoma Administrative Code. It should not be substituted for advice of legal counsel.
This information is being provided to comply with the Oklahoma Government Website Information Act (House Bill No 2698, 2010).
Please note the following explanations of CITATION abbreviations:
O.S. = Oklahoma Statutes
Okla. Const. = Oklahoma Constitution
OAC = Oklahoma Administrative Code
Definitions used in Library Code (65 O.S. §1-104)
Definitions used in ODL Rules on Public Library Systems (OAC 405:10-1-2)
Adult Novelty Shops – Proximity (11 O.S. §22-109.1)
Audit and Inventory – Annual (OAC 405:10-5-2)
Authorized Disclosure of Records (Library Records/Confidentiality) (65 O.S. §1-105)
Budget, Annual (Rule) (OAC 405:10-5-1)
Budget, Annual (Statute) (65 O.S. §4-105)
Cooperative Agreements, Inter-Local (65 O.S. §5-101)
Damage to Library Materials (21 O.S. §1739)
Damage to Library Materials, Malicious (21 O.S. §1785)
Disabled Persons – Services to (7 O.S. §8)
Donations – Confidentiality (51 O.S. §24A.11)
Incorporation of Existing Public Libraries into a System (OAC 405:10-5-4)
Library Service and Development Plan (OAC 405:10-5-3)
Library Standards and Accreditation (65 O.S. §2-106)
Literacy Services – Contracts (65 O.S. §3-107.1)
ODL Contracts with Libraries (65 O.S. §3-107)
ODL Service to Public Libraries (65 O.S. §3-105)
Oklahoma Statutes and Session Laws – Free Copies (75 O.S. §14)
Patron Records, Confidentiality of (65 O.S. §1-105)
Plan, Library Service and Development (OAC 405:10-5-3)
Smoking Prohibited (21 O.S. §1247)
State Statutes and Session Laws – Free Copies (75 O.S. §14)
Theft of Library Materials (21 O.S. §1739)