Does your child love to tell stories? If your 2nd through 8th grader has a story to tell, we are accepting applications for PICTURE BOOK STORIES written by children through December 15th. Our selection committee will invite the authors of the TOP TEN selections to a ten-week writers' workshop on Sunday afternoons from January 7th through March 10th. There, they will receive the guidance and support to develop their draft into a finished work that will be published by the Metropolitan Library System and added to our collection.
SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Authors must be in 2nd through 8th grade for the 2023-24 school year.
- Authors must submit a FULL DRAFT of their story. It does not have to be well developed, but must be completed and include an identifiable beginning, middle and end.
- Submissions should be for a PICTURE book or short story. Final book length in print will be approximately seventeen pages, illustrated.
- Submission must be entirely the work of the applicant. Parents may assist with typing, but should not edit the child's work in any way other than spelling and punctuation as needed. Word choice and sentence structure should be entirely the author's.
- Submissions should be EMAILED to email@example.com. NO PRINTED DRAFTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Submission may be sent as
- a shared Google Doc with editing permissions
- a word document
- an in-text email
- PDFs or other non-editable formats WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Submission must include author's first and last name, age, current grade level, parent or guardian's name and a parent email.
Acceptance notices will go out the week of January 1st, and the workshop will be on Sundays, starting January 7th. Contact the Edmond Library at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
Be Advised: This program may be photographed and/or videotaped for publicity purposes.
By Attending, you consent: To the use of your voice and likeness in future publicity uses that contain content from this event. If you do not wish to be on camera, please let us know.
For more information visit our Photography & Video Disclaimer